Student Visa to USA: How and When

Study in USA

If you want to study in USA and your program is more than 18 hours per week then you must need a student visa. In other words, if you want to be a full-time student you must need a student visa and some time for part-time students also needs a student visa if their course is more than 18 hours per week.

Student VisaStudent Visa will take time to process, so you need to start your application process early. If this is your first time, you may need an in-person interview. The summer season is the pick time for most students, so keep it in your mind when you will start your application.

If you apply more than 120 days prior to start your course then there have possibilities to get refuse from the embassy. Or your application may hold until the appropriate time. You may apply 120 days prior, it is okay for you as this will give some extra time to the embassy or consulate to work through special requirements.

Requirements for Student Visa:

  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1), Form I-20A-B, Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for occupational Students, Form I-20M-N
  • A Completed Visa Application with the Form DS-156 and Form DS-158
  • A Valid Passport
  • A 2×2 Photograph
  • Transcripts and Diplomas
  • Standardized Test Scores
  • Approval by the educational institute
  • Knowledge of English language (usually established through TOEFL scores)
  • Proof of financial resources
  • Proof of non-immigrant intent

Actually requirements of student visa documents are vary depending on the student and the circumstances.

There have three stage processes for your Student Visa application:

  1. Obtain interview appointment
  2. Take interview
  3. Processing

It may take total six months for the entire process. Need to pay $100 USD for Visa application processing fee (non-refundable if application refuse)

Now the most important thing is financial support. You must need to show your financial solvency proof to embassy or consulate so that they can get a clear idea about your financial source during your stay in USA.  Sometimes students are allowed to work part-time at the institute they are attending.

2 thoughts on “Student Visa to USA: How and When

  1. Pingback: URL

Leave a Comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s